Job Title: Executive Assistant
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Hybrid downtown San Francisco & work from home
Are you an organized, thoughtful person with excellent administrative skills who wants to join a civil rights organization? Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area (LCCRSF) is hiring an Executive Assistant to support our Executive Director and Legal Director and provide key support for special organization-wide initiatives. If you thrive in a collaborative and dynamic team that needs your logistical smarts, problem solving skills, and you are dedicated to civil rights, this job is for you. Your work will have impact across the organization.
We are looking for someone with at least 3-5 years of administrative experience, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, who excels in oral and written communications and will take initiative with special projects and problem solving. The ideal candidate has shown dedication to LCCRSF’s mission and values while handling administrative systems, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and is a thought partner to the Executive and Deputy Directors on special projects. You’re also dedicated to supporting and advancing an organizational culture that centers wellness values.
As one of the oldest civil rights institutions on the West Coast, LCCRSF works to dismantle systems of oppression and racism and to build an equitable and just society. Formed in 1968 to bridge the legal community and the Civil Rights Movement, we’re known for advancing the rights of people of color, immigrants, refugees and low-income individuals. We also invest in legal fellows and support a network of over 1,000 active pro bono attorneys.
We are in this work for the long haul. Our goal is to make this work sustainable, to take care of each other and our communities, and to rest so we can be fierce in the face of power through our core issue areas of Racial Justice, Immigrant Justice, Economic Justice, and Educational Justice. Learn more at www.lccrsf.org.
General Support to Executive and Deputy Directors (65%)
· Provide general administrative and organizational support to the Executive and Legal Directors, including managing the Executive and Legal Directors’ calendars, files, routine correspondence, and anticipating next steps and issues.
· Work with the Executive and Legal Directors to create systems to manage their workflows and schedules.
· Help prepare presentations, talking points, and other support for internal and external meetings.
· Edit/proofread external communications.
· Manage special projects.
Support Board of Directors (25%)
· Provide support and lead coordination of bi-monthly board meetings and monthly board committee meetings.
· Schedule meetings, take minutes, coordinate board packet materials, coordinate board committee materials and surveys, communicate with Board members about logistics.
Support Planning for Annual Fundraising Event (10%)
· Participate on Martin Luther King, Jr. annual gala planning team and host committee.
· Support awardees and coordinate logistics, including travel.
Support Management and Senior Leadership Teams and Staff (5%)
· Administrative anchor for management and senior leadership team meetings and bi-weekly all staff meetings (prepare agendas and schedule meetings).
· Administrative support and member of our team building committee, including helping organize the annual Holiday Party and other special events such as full team retreats and other all-staff gatherings.
· Contribute to staff and volunteer recognition.
· In collaboration with program staff, lead law student summer clerkship and semester externship recruitment and placement coordination.
Salary, Benefits, Work Location
This position is full-time, exempt, with a starting salary of $65,000-$75,000 DOE, and reports to the Interim Executive Director. Full benefits package includes 100% paid medical + 80% for dependents and more. Generous time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, 12+ holidays, plus Summer Short Fridays and additional week Winter Break.
Our office is located on the Embarcadero in downtown San Francisco, close to many transit options. We’re currently remote through at least 12/31/21 with our office available for optional use. We expect to offer at minimum part-time remote in 2022.
General working hours are 9am-5pm M-F. LCCRSF is woman- and minority-led, with about 30 staff. We are flexible and family-friendly and value health, wellness and balance. We will encourage and support you to take care of yourself! We follow ADA guidelines – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with different abilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience, including executive support.
2. Demonstrated commitment to LCCRSF’s core values and the organization’s work to advance economic justice, immigrant justice, and racial justice.
3. Experience working in a non-profit organization or prior experience with civil rights/ justice-related work.
4. High level of comfort and fluency with technology. Experience with Microsoft 365 and Office Suite.
1. Highly organized and motivated person.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
3. High proficiency at logistical problem-solving.
4. Values working cooperatively with others, both within the organization and in the community.
5. Strong time management skills and comfort with competing demands.
Job is open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We hope to have someone start ASAP! Applicants should submit (1) a thoughtful cover letter, (2) a resume, and (3) three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.) Questions can also go to that email.
Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area thrives as an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. BIPOC, LGBTQ+ candidates, people of all gender identities, persons with disabilities and individuals over 55 are encouraged to apply.