Commercial Tenant Legal Assistance
If you are a commercial tenant in the Bay Area who needs help negotiating your lease, creating a rent repayment plan, or whose landlord is threatening you with an eviction or breach of contract case, we can help. We offer a variety of services including webinars that outline your moratorium protections and legal defenses, commercial lease clinics, attorney matching, and legal information. If you have any questions specific to commercial lease matters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for San Francisco and Oakland-Based Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- SF Tenant to Landlord Sample Letter – Repayment Plan
- SF Commercial Lease Negotiation PPT
- SF Commercial Lease Negotiations Webinar (English)
- SF Commercial Lease Negotiations Webinars (Spanish)
- Oakland Tenant to Landlord Sample Letter – Repayment Plan
- Oakland Commercial Lease Negotiation PPT
- Oakland Commercial Lease Negotiations Webinar (English)
- Oakland Commercial Lease Negotiations Webinars (Spanish)
How to Apply for Free Legal Services
Legal Services for Entrepreneurs (LSE) provides free legal services to low-income individuals who want to start or develop businesses; businesses committed to investing in economically distressed communities, including hiring people with arrest and conviction records; and mom and pop shops located in areas where gentrification is a force for displacement.
Need business law advice? We can help!
We serve Bay Area clients that are:
- Low-income individuals
- Located in low-income communities; and/or
- Located in communities of color and have a commitment to hiring from the community
We provide free legal consultations on:
- Liability issues
- Terms of a commercial lease
- Business contracts
- Employment law
- Intellectual property
- Other business concerns
Please note: We do not provide legal consultation on tax, litigation, or bankruptcy concerns.
You’ll need to complete an online application form. Once the application form is submitted, LCCRSF staff will contact you to schedule a 30-minute call to listen to your situation and match you with the right attorney and resources.