The People’s Clinic is currently closed for intake and reopening on April 6, 2023.

If you require immediate assistance, please consider contacting NPAP:

National Police Accountability Project (NPAP)

NPAP was created as a non-profit to protect the human and civil rights of individuals in their encounters with law enforcement and detention facility personnel. The central mission of NPAP is to promote the accountability of law enforcement officers and their employers for violations of the Constitution and the laws of the United States.

Find an Attorney: By clicking on California from the State options, and then clicking search. You do not need to enter in first or last names.

Read the Manual for Victims of Police Misconduct here.


Under the California Tort Claim Act, a personal injury claim against a City or other government entity must be presented within six months from the date of injury. See Cal. Gov. Code Section 911.2. This claim preserves your right to file a lawsuit that includes state law violations. While you may file a late claim, you must do so within one year of the date of injury. Likewise, for federal claims, you must file a lawsuit within two years from the date of injury. These forms can be accessed by emailing, calling, or visiting your local City Clerk’s or City Attorney’s office or by looking this information up online.

LCCRSF does our very best to serve your legal needs. However, if you were unsatisfied our services, you may file a formal complaint. You will not be denied services or have any other adverse action taken against you based on your complaints. View our Client Grievance Procedure here.